DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION
The Department of Education was started along with the inception of Lalit Ch Bharali College in the year 1971. In 1988, Gauhati University permitted the Department to open Honours courses.
HIGHER SECONDARY (Arts) and BA (HONS) and (GENERAL)
INTAKE CAPACITY OF STUDENTS
HONS =30, GENERAL =250
INFRASTRUCTURE OF THE DEPARTMENT
The Department has one “Departmental room” of its own. Besides general class room the Department has one laboratory cum classroom for Honours classes along with one Departmental library.
• A definite teaching plan which incorporates the suitable distribution of the whole syllabus among the faculty members so that the whole syllabus conveyed to the students.
• Lecture method is followed for conveying different concepts to the students.
• Home assignments are given to the students.
• In practical classes psychological experiments are demonstrated and instructions are given for the application and use of different apparatus.
• Seminars, tutorial classes and discussions are held occasionally.
• Educational tours are arranged for giving practical ideas to the students.
FOLLOW UP METHODS OF STUDENTS PERFORMANCE AND PROGRESS
After admission in BA 1st year class, those who are willing to take Honours in the subject are notified to attend classes. After that the progress of the students are monitored by the following method---
• Attendance record of the students are checked monthly. Detail attendance reports are submitted to the authority. Poor attendance is notified to the students and chronic cases are reported to the Principal and guardians of the students.
• Sessional test marks are checked carefully.
• Performance in home assignments are also checked carefully.
• Curricular and co-curricular activities are also taken into account.
The Head of the Department frequently discusses with the faculty members of the Department about the performance of the students and the teaching schedule.
• The success rate in Honours course is almost 100% whereas in pass course is varied from 40% to 100%.
• The Department has been trying its utmost for the development of students through its various programmes and activities like educational tours, educational surveys and seminars etc.
From 2010 onwards students of the Department tried its best to achieve the best graduate award of LCB College (in Arts stream). The best graduates are Gitika Saharia (2010), Minakshi Sarma (2011), Refiara Begum (2013), Barnali Kalita (2014), Dipannita Das (2015), Bhanita Boro (2016) and Manisha Bairagi (2019).
|Education (CBCS) Syllabus||2022-06-30||View File|